Re: [Emerald] EMER 327 and SERV-U

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 20:28:22 -0500

From: PowerNet <psc5@powersupply.net>
>I just upgraded to 2.5.327.
>I am trying to set individual size limits on the FTP access. I am using
Serv-U

>When I change it on the services tab I get this error:
>Error Loading external system information
>Then if I save again I get
>13:Type mismatch.
>
>What is wrong and how do I fix this?

I don't know anything about 2.5.327 (we're still using 2.5.322), but as far
as the external system info is concerned, I'm not sure what would cause
that. There's almost nothing to enter in the Emerald Admin for FTP. We
have the following and everything works fine:
Size Limit: 5
Allow users to make directories (checked)
Default Dir: (blank)
We leave the default directory blank because we don't want directories being
created for everyone--only people who request it. In those cases, we just
enter in whatever the path needs to be (\\server\users\username) or
whatever. I don't know if it's been fixed in 2.5.327, but Emerald 2.5.322
(and some previous versions) will only create the directory on the server
when the service is first saved. If a directory is added to an existing
service and saved, the directory is not created on the server for some
reason.

Josh