Re: [Emerald] Emerald 2.5 Invoices

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 09 Feb 2000 10:59:13 -0800

> "Jeff Hopkins (RadAdmin)" wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I am having trouble getting a decent CCreceipt or Email invoice using
> Emerald 2.5 and CR6. The HTML invoice is a great ideal but the final
> email format it still is very unpredictable. The text email format is
> terrible. I have spent more time tweaking the Crystal reports invoice
> and CC receipt reports, the two I currently use, then my entire time
> setting up and using Emerald. It is hard to come across as a
> professional business with unreadable invoices.
>
> There needs to be a way to let me have full control over the final
> look of the email. Could I extract the invoice info from the DB
> myself and email it in a presentable format? Why would you use CR?
> Isn't there a simpler, more user controllable way to do this? Perl or
> something?

Although Crystal isn't a perfect export, its not the main problem.
Dependening on what Email client the user has, and what fonts, it will
display differently. Netscape displays things here OE doesn't, and vice
versa.

There was a thread a while back on this and some updated einvoice.rpt
files. This file is pretty decent and has been displaying well.
You can use it with Emerald 2.5.322 and higher, although you will
not be able to edit it with Cr6.

ftp://ftp.iea-software.com/Emerald/reports/cr70/einvoice7.rpt