Re: [Emerald] error in log

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 05 Feb 2000 21:41:23 -0800

iml@interconnect.net wrote:

> Any idea what would cause these errors to start showing up in the log?
>
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Violation of PRIMARY
> KEY constraint 'pk_RadLogs': Attempt to insert duplicate key in object
> 'RadLogs'.

RadiusNT only logs an error once per minute per user. They tries to
login twice with the same incorrect password. No big deal, it just
tries to prevent your radlogs from filling up fast with duplicate
information.

> Sat Feb 05 09:46:23 2000: ODBC Error:S1\T00:0:
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired
> Sat Feb 05 09:46:38 2000: ODBC Error:S1T00:0:
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired
> Sat Feb 05 09:46:54 2000: ODBC Error:S1T00:0:
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired

These sound like connectivity/SQL problems. Unless your over a WAN
link, this shouldn't happen.

> Obviously the NAS can't insert the accounting records and it's
> accounting records get backed up. There are tons of the ODBC errors
> and every now in then the KEY constraint error. The only thing I can
> think of is the NASPort field has a size of 4 and I think it passes 5,
> however, it has always been that way and the problem just started.

NASPort is an int, not a string.