Re: [Emerald] SQL 7 deadlocks

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 02 Feb 2000 10:06:35 -0800

Josh Hillman wrote:

> When running a particular script in SQL 7 SP1, I am getting the following
> error message quite often:
>
> Server: Msg 1205, Level 13, State 61, Line 11
> Your transaction (process ID #22) was deadlocked with another process and
> has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun your transaction.
>
> What's causing this and how can I fix it? I never ran into this with SQL
> 6.5 SP5.

Its probably because it has to do a full table scan, since you don't
have
an index that suits your criteria. You could try specifying one, or
use SQL Query Analyer to recommend one.

I would guess you are running into a problem with RadiusNT inserting
records into the table, while you are trying to read them. I'd have
to see your table/index list to really make a guess at the problem,
though.