Re: [Emerald] Radius Attributes, Static IP

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 12:21:22 -0500

Don't forget FramedNetmask=255.255.255.255

----- Original Message -----
From: PowerNet <psc5@powersupply.net>
To: <emerald@iea-software.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 1999 11:59 AM
Subject: [Emerald] Radius Attributes, Static IP

I have a couple customers with Static IP's
I am using Ascend boxes with Emerald and RadiusNT

Currently, for dedicated 24/7 customers we have a dedicated account with
radius attributes set up in emeraldadmin
The attributes are:
User Service Framed User
Framed Protocol PPP

That it, and nothing special is set up in Emer Client for that specific
user.
The way they get that ip is that we have them specify the ip in their dialup
network settings. It works that way.

This morning I tried to set the address in the radius section of Emer
client and then when they logged in I can't ping them and their connection
does not work. The settings I made this morning were:
User Service Framed User
Framed Protocol PPP
Framed Address x.x.x.x(x=their static ip)

What am I doing wrong that this won't work. From what I have been told this
is the way to set it up.

Thanks,
John