Re: [Emerald] Cant login to Emerald

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 09:58:00 -0800

Ed and Kathy Tate wrote:

> However, I can login using SQL Manger, or query analyzer. We also have a
> companion application built in access that connects to the Emerald database
> using the same DSN and calls the same DSN. It is able to login without any
> problems. This occurs even with logging with SA.

You are assuming Emerald uses ODBC. It doesn't. Have you
double-checked
the server/database settings on the login screen? I do dialup from my
home all the time into our SQL 7 boxes here at work without a problem.

> Can Dale, someone from support, or anyone give me an idea why this is. I
> have an employee the telecommutes and this had made the process impossible.
> It seems to me it has something in the Emerald Compiled code when it calls
> the DSN that is different or it introduces something else. This is a
> mystery!

Again, Emerald does NOT use ODBC. It uses the MS SQL DB-LIB API. The
DSN
is irrelevant for all operations of Emerald except printing.

If you run the Network Client utility, do you have any entries for it?
What is your default transport in there?