RE: [RadiusNT] RadiusNT v4 ERROR "dumpUsers: could not open c:\radius\cache/users for write."

Mehmet ILGAZ (mehmetilgaz@turk.net)
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 01:35:09 +0200

From: "Mehmet ILGAZ" <mehmetilgaz@turk.net>
Subject: RE: [RadiusNT] RadiusNT v4 ERROR "dumpUsers: could not open c:\radius\cache/users for write."
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 01:35:09 +0200

Serkan, Bu Dale abi GPRS attribute'larını Radius'un niye anlamadığından anlar mı?

Mehmet ILGAZ Turk Nokta Net Bilgi Hizmetleri A.S. SABANCI CENTER HOLDING TOWER 2B 80745 LEVENT/ISTANBUL Tel: 0212 281 01 00 - 320

-----Original Message----- From: radiusnt-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:radiusnt-request@iea-software.com] On Behalf Of Serkan SUBASI Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 12:42 AM To: radiusnt@iea-software.com Subject: RE: [RadiusNT] RadiusNT v4 ERROR "dumpUsers: could not open c:\radius\cache/users for write."

c:\radius\cache directory exists, and the app have permissions to it, but maybe the disk was full at the time these error logged, sorry if it was.
:)
  I am searching on this matter, because our system operators periodically check some event logs, special application logs and cleans them,
  BTW, can these types of critical errors be logged to another log file
?, i.e. "ERRORS.TXT" and maybe also can radiusnt send an snmp trap for these ?
  Serkan SUBASI

Turk Nokta Net SABANCI CENTER HOLDING TOWER 2B 80745 LEVENT/ISTANBUL Phone : + 90 (212) 281 01 00 x 200 Fax : + 90 (212) 284 23 66

-----Original Message----- From: Dale E. Reed Jr. [mailto:daler@iea-software.com] Sent: Thu 2002-10-31 19:57 To: radiusnt@iea-software.com Cc: Subject: RE: [RadiusNT] RadiusNT v4 ERROR "dumpUsers: could not open c:\radius\cache/users for write."
> -------------
> dumpUsers: could not open c:\radius\cache/users for write.
> flOpen fail on c:\radius\cache/AccountTypes [No error]
> flOpen fail on c:\radius\cache/DNIS [No error]
> flOpen fail on c:\radius\cache/RadRejects [No error]
> flOpen fail on c:\radius\cache/RoamServers [No error]
> flOpen fail on c:\radius\cache/ServerAccess [No error]
> flOpen fail on c:\radius\cache/proxyattributes [No error]
> dumpUsers: could not open c:\radius\cache/users for write.

Does the c:\radius\cache directory exist and the app have permissions to it? This is the disk cache trying to update/create those files.

Dale

This is a user supported list. If you require assistance from IEA Software's Support Engineers, please check out our Support resources at http://www.iea-software.com/support.

For more information about this list (including removal) go to: http://www.iea-software.com/support/maillists/liststart