RE: [Emerald] Importing of ASCII Data

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:40:29 -0700

From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] Importing of ASCII Data
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:40:29 -0700

> We are using version of Emerald 4.5.6 and RadiusNT 2.5.x on
> SQL2000/Win2000 and we would like to setup Ermerald so that
> it will import a ASCII File that contains data usage figures
> from an external source. Can anyone point me to FAQ's or a
> how to on setting this type of procedure up. We essentially
> receive a file each month for excess data that we would like to charge
for.

Is the data already rated or raw? If it is already rated and you know the service it is associated to, just add it to the Charges table. Emerald will pick them up on the next invoice. You can find details on the charges table at:

http://www.iea-software.com/ftp/EmeraldV4/Docs/V4_Db_structure/

If the data is raw, I would recommend purchasing either Emerald Enterprise or the EmerNet/Netflow add-on. This will give you acess to the gbe rating engine which can then be setup to rate your data once imported and then create the charges for you. If you need info on this, please contact our sales/support group and they can help you.

Dale