RE: [Emerald] changing services

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:44:29 -0800

From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] changing services
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:44:29 -0800

> If a customer is paid up through a future month, then changes to a
> more expensive service, how do we get Emerald 4.5.6 to automatically
> adjust their balance due? Do I need to void their current invoice,
> then adjust their service? Or void their current invoice, then
> deactivate their service and add a new one? For example, customer
> is paid up through 6/30 for dialup at 21.95 a month. Customer
> switches to DSL for 49.99 a month starting this month. How to get
> Emerald to tell us what he owes now to be paid up thru 6/30 (he's
> keeping his same pay period).

There are many ways to do this, most of which depends on your business practices and what you do.

For a basic change:

1) Cancel the service (giving back any credit to the MBR as defined
   in the Admin for partial days).

2) Add new service.

3) Create new invoice.

4) Create new statement. The credit from #1 will be applied to #2
   here.

Dale