[Emerald] Copying the users.new file from Emerald database to Radius text file

Nelson Valverde (valverde@greennet.net)
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:53:06 -0500

From: "Nelson Valverde" <valverde@greennet.net>
Subject: [Emerald] Copying the users.new file from Emerald database to Radius text file
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:53:06 -0500

Using Emerald (v. 2.5.342) and RadiusNT (v. 3.0). I know, I know time to upgrade, but...... if ain't broke don't fix it.(maybe)

I have done it such a long time ago, that I forgot it :-(

I could not find any reference to the issue in the mannuals.

Does anyone remember how to copy and maintain a current copy of the users.new file (text version) from the Emerald database?

This is helpful because if the SQL server dies or the database gets corrupted, your users can still authenticate running Radius manually and using the tex version list of approved users. This gives you some breathing space while trying to solve the SQL/database problem. :-))

Thanks.

-Nelson