[Emerald] Radius hanging

Nada (nadas@inco.com.lb)
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:49:24 +0200

Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:49:24 +0200
From: Nada <nadas@inco.com.lb>
Subject: [Emerald] Radius hanging

Hello,

I am running Emerald version 4.5.3 with Radius NT version 4.0.28. We have a problem on Radius hanging without any particular reason. To solve this problem:

1- We upgraded the memory on our database server to avoid any delay on the backend database server.

2- We reduced the number of radius servers from 6 to 4 in order to lower the load on the database.

3- We changed the time out settings and the number of retries on our access servers.

But we are still experiencing sudden hanging of the radius server. We need to restart the service sometimes several times for it to work properly again. In order to debug the problem I run the radius servers in debug mode and the radius server just exited without leaving a trace. The logs did not show any particular reason why it exited, it just stopped.

Can you please tell me how can I solve this problem ? It is causing us downtime and lots of complaints from our clients.

Waiting your comments, Regards, Nada Syriani IncoNet-Data management.