RE: [Emerald] Upgrade

Jeffrey M Donley (jeffd@lmf.net)
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:07:28 -0500

From: "Jeffrey M Donley" <jeffd@lmf.net>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] Upgrade
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:07:28 -0500

Usually it is caused by your recovery model on the emerald database causing the transaction log to grow. I had a really good article for this but can't locate it right now.

If you open you sql query analyzer and run these 2 commands this should shrink the transaction log to 25 megs.

BACKUP LOG databasename WITH TRUNCATE_ONLY

DBCC SHRINKFILE(databasename_log, 25)

To check if the log file is the problem just go to properties of the DB and look at the size of the log.

I'll keep looking for the article.

Jeff

-----Original Message----- From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com] On Behalf Of John Lord Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 9:41 AM To: emerald@iea-software.com Subject: RE: [Emerald] Upgrade

On another note , do any of you do any kind of maintance to your sql databases? I see mine is over 3 gigs now. And I only have 650 mbrs.

John Lord It Manager AllTurbo Internet Services Inc 410-213-9388 Office www.allturbo.com