RE: [Emerald] radius and emerald 4.5

Doug Harpster (dharpster@kans.com)
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 08:40:25 -0500

From: "Doug Harpster" <dharpster@kans.com>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] radius and emerald 4.5
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 08:40:25 -0500

RadiusNT is not CPU/memory intensive at all, even with several requests/second. I didn't have any problems with it running on my MS-SQL server, but have since moved it off for other reasons. I would, however, recommend running the web interface server (emerwebsrv) on a different machine than your database server, especially if you use Microsoft SQL Server, as it tends to eat up all the available memory it can find leaving hardly any for other services.

As far as stability is concerned, I don't believe there is a difference between the different ports of Emerald. It's at the mercy of the stability of your OS and hardware.

Take it easy.

Doug

  _____

From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com] On Behalf Of Monica Zimmerman Sent: Friday, August 15, 2003 8:14 AM To: emerald@iea-software.com Subject: [Emerald] radius and emerald 4.5

Hi,

Does anyone using radiusNT and Emerald 4.5 have them both running on same box? We've been running the older versions on same box for 2 yrs with no issue but just wanted to get some input from others on the new versions.

Also, of those of you on 4.5, do you prefer the linux version over windows? I am wondering if the stability is the same on both.

Thanks,

Monica