[Emerald] Help with Ascend-Client-Primary-DNS settings

Jason Newland (newlandj@areatech.com)
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 21:25:02 -0500

From: "Jason Newland" <newlandj@areatech.com>
Subject: [Emerald] Help with  Ascend-Client-Primary-DNS settings
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 21:25:02 -0500

I am trying to assign a DNS server via our Emerald system but I am running into some issues. There are many attributes that have never existed in our Emeraldd (4.5.3), but we need to add them to enable several features. The one we are currently attempting is to assign the DNS.

I have added the following:

137 0 DNS-Assign-No Delete 137 1 DNS-Assign-Yes Delete

These are under the Ascend-Client-Assign-DNS

But I can't enter an IP address in the following "new" attribute

 Ascend-Client-Primary-DNS 26 135

I should be able to add the primary DNS in the value like this:

RADIUS Attribute Value Value: 212.212.212.212 (not the real DNS) Name: Primary Server

But alas, this does not work. The error I get is:

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '.212'

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Jason