RE: [Emerald] Script to use SNMP to delete duplicate on-line entries

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:58:05 -0700

From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] Script to use SNMP to delete duplicate on-line entries
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:58:05 -0700

> We have increasingly gotten duplicate users listed in the on-line table. I
> don't know what is causing this but they are from 3Com Total Control NAS's
> and I don't seem to be able to get rid of them. Although when a user shows
> up on the table incorrectly, the SNMP works to see that the user is not
> really connected and lets them connect. We then have 2, 3 or 4 listings of
> the same use on-line. Is there a simply script to constantly
> check the table
> and delete these duplicate records? I would imagine that it would be very
> close the the SNMP check on-line script, but I want it to see all the
> duplicate listings and delete the ones that are really not in use.

I'd recommend working with our Support group to find out why you are getting the duplicates. Using the SNMP to clean up the Server Ports is just going to eventually cause more issues.

For RadiusNT pro and higher, in the Advanced section, SNMP, Check Server ports update. RadiusNT will try to remove incorrect entries based on SNMP findings.

Dale