RE: [Emerald] What is "Account modified by GBE"

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
Mon, 12 May 2003 11:14:39 -0700

From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] What is "Account modified by GBE"
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 11:14:39 -0700

> I have a Master Billing Record that says "Last Modified by GBE"
> What is GBE? We don't have a user by that name.

GBE is the Generic Billing Engine. Its a module of Emerald that is used by the Scheduler, Web Server, etc to handle billing. When the LMU is GBE, it means GBE changed the account (typically via the scheduler or a non-operator initiated function). Earlier versions of Emerald (like 4.52 and lower) did not track all Operator Initiated functions and would put GBE for the LMU. Recent versions of 4.5 always use the Operator's name (rather than GBE) when there is an operator involved in the function.

Dale