Re: [Emerald] SQL Help

Don W (donw@minglewood.net)
Wed, 7 May 2003 21:44:50 -0400

From: "Don W" <donw@minglewood.net>
Subject: Re: [Emerald] SQL Help
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 21:44:50 -0400

Hmmm -- need to involve the MasterAccounts table (hence the error). I'm not trying it on my database, but I recall the syntax is:

     UPDATE SubAccounts
     SET SubAccounts.PhoneHome=MasterAccounts.PhoneHome
     FROM SubAccounts, MasterAccounts
     WHERE (SubAccounts.CustomerID=MasterAccounts.CustomerID) AND
(SubAccounts.CustomerID=6096)

Probably a little wordy on the WHERE clause, but it should work!

Don

----- Original Message ----- From: "WayneG" <WayneG@uplogon.com> To: <emerald@iea-software.com> Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 7:30 PM Subject: [Emerald] SQL Help

> How can I make this work?
>
> UPDATE SubAccounts
> SET SubAccounts.PhoneHome=MasterAccounts.PhoneHome
> WHERE (SubAccounts.CustomerID=6096)
>
> Server: Msg 107, Level 16, State 3, Line 1
> The column prefix 'MasterAccounts' does not match with a table name or
alias
> name used in the query.
>

> Thank you,
> -Wayne

> This is a user supported list. If you require assistance from IEA
Software's