RE: [Emerald] Fw: [isp-wireless] RE: OT: VPN/PPPOE/Wireless/What?

Volven D'souza (volven@cats-net.com)
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 12:31:24 +0300

From: "Volven D'souza" <volven@cats-net.com>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] Fw: [isp-wireless] RE: OT: VPN/PPPOE/Wireless/What?
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 12:31:24 +0300

Hi Dale,

Any Ideas how to dot this !

1) Edit the Calls table trigger and add additional intelligence to use unique ports for the update to the ServerPorts table. RadiusNT/X 4 now supports character port names, so you can use the username or other unique fields to create the port.

Regards

Volven

-----Original Message----- From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Dale E. Reed Jr. Sent: Friday, April 18, 2003 11:07 PM To: To: Emerald@Iea-Software. Com Subject: FW: [Emerald] Fw: [isp-wireless] RE: OT: VPN/PPPOE/Wireless/What?

> > We've been using the Mikrotik hotspot, quite sucessfully, for
> a couple of
> > months now, the one major problem we are seeing with our radius server
> > (RadiusNT from IEA Softwares) is that we can only see one
user (the last
> > one) in the users online view. Has anyone faced this problem ??

The problem is that the RADIUS Client (Mikrotik?) is sending the same port (or none?) for all users. This causes RADIUS to think that the user is a new user on that port, and replaces it.

There are two ways to resolve this:

1) Edit the Calls table trigger and add additional intelligence to use unique ports for the update to the ServerPorts table. RadiusNT/X 4 now supports character port names, so you can use the username or other unique fields to create the port.

2) Have Mikrotik send a unique port for each request.

Also, we have a wireless hotspot authentication server for linux that is RADIUS compliant (works with RadiusNT/X) and does send the unique ports, including full accounting and management. It seemlessley integrated with Emerald as well.

If you would like to try it, please contact our sales group for a demo at sales@iea-software.com or 509-444-2455.

Dale

This is a user supported list. If you require assistance from IEA Software's Support Engineers, please check out our Support resources at http://www.iea-software.com/support.

For more information about this list (including removal) go to: http://www.iea-software.com/support/maillists/liststart