RE: [Emerald] Changing from SQL 6.5 to SQL 7 on seperate servers.

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 13:44:19 -0700

From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] Changing from SQL 6.5 to SQL 7 on seperate servers.
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 13:44:19 -0700

> After installing SQL 2000, I installed Emerald and then ran
> Emerald Admin to
> create the database. I then tried to import the Emerald database from the
> SQL 6.5 to SQL 2000 server using the SQL 2000 import wizard. I
> keep getting
> an error about Foreigen key constraints, duplicates, etc... using this
> method. So...

You need to use the SQL 2k Upgrade Wizard (in the SQL Server Switch Program group) to move your 6.5 database (Emerald only) to 2K. I've done this for several customer's w/out a problem. Do not use DTS import, object transfer or any of that other stuff.

> I delete the Emerald database from SQL 2000, and have it import
> the database
> from SQL 6.5 into a new SQL 2000 database. The wizard says that
> it completed
> successfully. But when Radius tries to authenticate off of it, I get:

Because the object transfer from 6.5 -> 2K only supports tables and views. Not procs, etc.

> So, I think that neither of my tries have succeeded in what I am trying to
> do. The second one evidently worked, but left my stored procedures and did
> not transfer the data right. My question is: what have I done
> wrong, or does
> anyone know of a way that I can accomplish what I am needing to do?

Upgrade wizard. :)

Dale