[Emerald]

Scottie Arnett (sarnett@info-ed.com)
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:53:11 -0500

From: "Scottie Arnett" <sarnett@info-ed.com>
Subject: [Emerald]
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:53:11 -0500

Hello List,

I am wanting to upgrade to Emerald 4. I need SQL 2000 for this. I am currently running Emerald 2.5, NT4, SQL 6.5. I decided that I want to move this to another server. I built a server with Windows 2000 Server and have installed SQL 2000. I want to get my Emerald 2.5 working on this server before I continue with the Upgrade to Emerald 4. Keep in mind I am not upgrading the same server. This is a new sever, OS, and SQL.

After installing SQL 2000, I installed Emerald and then ran Emerald Admin to create the database. I then tried to import the Emerald database from the SQL 6.5 to SQL 2000 server using the SQL 2000 import wizard. I keep getting an error about Foreigen key constraints, duplicates, etc... using this method. So...

I delete the Emerald database from SQL 2000, and have it import the database from SQL 6.5 into a new SQL 2000 database. The wizard says that it completed successfully. But when Radius tries to authenticate off of it, I get:

so and so stored procedures not found .... No services defaults .....

I can go into Emerald Admin, and it does show that the service defaults do have entries. But, if I try to modify one, it says that can't have nulls, blah, blah, blah.

So, I think that neither of my tries have succeeded in what I am trying to do. The second one evidently worked, but left my stored procedures and did not transfer the data right. My question is: what have I done wrong, or does anyone know of a way that I can accomplish what I am needing to do?

Sincerely, Scottie Arnett President Info-Ed, Inc.