RE: [NTISP] Does anyone use NAT for dialup?

Info ( (no email) )
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 08:27:01 -0700

I just wanted to warn about the problems we experienced with the everyday
home user. I agree that NAT is a good option for businesses.

-----Original Message-----
From: ntisp-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:ntisp-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Kevin's Mailbox
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 1999 7:21 PM
To: ntisp@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: [NTISP] Does anyone use NAT for dialup?

I think David meant for his IP pool on the RAS server?? Am i right?

If so, I see no reason for this not to work, but it will suffer from any of
the limitations of not having a 'real ip' address. It's kinda like dialing
into
a RAS server in a clients office that uses NAT for Internet connectivity.

If the only purpose is to surf then should be adequate, programs requiring
real static IP (like SMTP delivery with ETRN) definitely pose some problems.

-kevin