Re: [NTISP] Help on II3 upgrade to IIS4

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 19:08:45 -0400

From: <ejensen@accnorwalk.com>
> Does anyone have ideas, tips, documentation, etc. on upgrading IIS3 to
> IIS4? The box is NT4.0 SP4, SQL6.5 and we keep getting errors during the
> upgrade and all the domains do not transfer. We have just under 2000 user
> directories, and around 300 virtual domains (each with their own IP). I
> think part of our problems are that SP4 upgrades MDAC to 2.0 and IIS4
> downgrades MDAC to 1.5 with no apparent way to de-select the MDAC1.5
> components. We have tried to un-install SP4, which takes us back down to
> SP2, then install SP3, then IIS4, and the same errors occur and still not
> successful upgrade. We have downloaded a fresh copy of NT option pack, and
> will try using that today.

On the note about ODBC: I don't think IIS will overwrite any of the ODBC
stuff because it detects that what you have is newer than what it's trying
to install. Don't bother unchecking the ODBC options when installing IIS4.
Even if by come chance it does get overwritten (unlikely), you can get MDAC
2.1.2.4202.3 (MDAC 2.1 SP2) from:
http://www.microsoft.com/data/download.htm

Josh