Re: [NTISP] ISDN connections between Ascend Maxes and Pipelines

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 13:35:07 -0400

From: Steven T. Pierce <stp@dynasty.net>
> Are you sure you have outbound call capabilities with the PRI, we
> recently found out ours were inward only trunks.

I checked this lastnight with a regular analog connection from one of our
Maxes to my own computer. Although the two never authenticated, the modem
in my computer answered, so there was definately a physical connection,
indicating that the PRIs can handle outbound calls. I still haven't
determined whether or not the remote Pipelines are seeing a connection
attempt coming in. I'd have to have someone out there watching the P50
console to see.

From: <mbailey@journey.net>
> I did this under the 5.x series TAOS ANd I remember that the connection
> profile on the P75 we were connecting to was set by default to analog
> incoming calls only. However I am sure this has changed as the 6.X series
> was rolled out..

One of the first things I checked was that Data Svc=64k (if that's what
you're referring to) and that AnsOrig=Both.

6.0.13 is in one of the P50s, and 7.3.0 is in the other two. Our Maxes are
using 7.0.22.

Josh