Re: [NTISP] Routing a subnet thru RRAS dialup line

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 17:48:00 -0700

Danny Sinang wrote:

> For some reason, the customer's machine rebooted on its own. Maybe an
> extended power outage occurred at their site. When its demand dial interface
> dialed back to us, I telneted into their machine and suprise, surprise - it
> can now ping itself at 208.142.150.177 . This is indeed very odd.
>
> Now the only problem that remains is for me to be able to ping
> 208.142.150.177 from the outside world.

13 61 ms 60 ms 60 ms 207.124.125.1
14 250 ms 251 ms 250 ms 207.124.125.50
15 * 207.124.114.90 reports: Destination net unreachable.

I'm assuming 207.124.114.90 is a terminal server. You need to add a
static
route on that sending the subnet of the NIC to the RAS IP addres. You
should be able to do this with RADIUS, but I've had problems with some
route entries on some terminal servers.