Re: [NTISP] DriverId

Gary Kliethermes ( gary@thewebdepot.com )
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 17:31:31 -0500

Just a guess, but is "shs2" a system DSN? If so, try removing it and setting
it up as a file DSN.

I've had several occaisions in the past where creating a system DSN didn't
create the correct registry keys, but creating a file DSN always seems to
work. I've never bothered to figure out why.

Hope this helps.

Gary

At 01:39 PM 7/20/99 , you wrote:

> I hope there is some one out there that can help me. I am trying to access a
> Microsoft Access database but I am getting this error:
>
> DSN=shs2
>
> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC error '80004005'
>
> [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] General error unable to open
> registry key 'DriverId'
>
> /FacDetail.asp,67
>

> thanks
>
> Thomas Browner