RE: [NTISP] PDC/BDC Question

Kurt A. Butzin ( (no email) )
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 01:11:35 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01BEC815.A8157700

I don't think that you can, but you can set up a 2-way trust relationship
between the two domains and you'll basically have the same thing.

Kurt A. Butzin
President

Molarnet Technologies, Inc.
1936 Bay Street
Saginaw, MI 48602

(517)249-INET Fax (517)792-9158 kurt@molar.net
http://www.molar.net

Authorized iPSwitch WebVar, Allaire Alliance Member
Internet Services, Cold Fusion Hosting and Developement
ISP Discounts on Allaire and Ipswitch Products
Custom Systems, Hardware and Software

-----Original Message-----
From: ntisp-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:ntisp-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Steve Coleman
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 1999 12:25 AM
To: list@inet-access.net; ntisp@iea-software.com
Subject: [NTISP] PDC/BDC Question

I'm networking two offices together that were previously independent of
each other. One office has NT Server 4.0 with a Primary domain controller,
and the other office has Small Business Server with a Primary domain
controller. I tried to change the domain name of the SBS to match the NT
server. It said "other computers are using this domain". I also tried
using server manager. It woudn't work because Netlogon fails to start due
to the detection of an existing PDC. How can I make the SBS server join,
the NT server's domain?

Thanks!

Steve

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01BEC815.A8157700

I=20don't think that you can, but you can set up a 2-way trust relationship =between=20the two domains and you'll basically have the same=20thing.

Kurt A. =Butzin
President

Molarnet=20Technologies, Inc.
1936 Bay Street
Saginaw, MI=2048602

(517)249-INET    Fax =(517)792-9158   =20kurt@molar.net
http://www.molar.net

Authorized iPSwitch =WebVar,=20Allaire Alliance Member
Internet Services, Cold Fusion Hosting and=20Developement
ISP Discounts on Allaire and Ipswitch =Products
Custom =Systems, Hardware=20and Software