RE: [NTISP] ftp users

John ( (no email) )
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 22:14:33 -0400

Yup...

Set the following permissions to each directory:

Domain_user - special(RWD) to ftp root only
iuser_computername - read(RX) to users ftp directory
account_name - special (rwd) to user directory

I set up all my user accounts in an "account" directory seperate from my web
root (D:\accounts) and have the ftp root set to d:\wwwroot\ftproot.

Setting permissions like this allows everyone to read the ftp root, but even
if they know the name of another physical directory they can't cwd into it.

John