Re: [NTISP] Realtime smart NT backup

Danny Sinang ( (no email) )
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 07:41:06 +0800

Try www.octopustech.com

- Danny

----- Original Message -----
From: Nolan W. Bailey, Jr.
To: ntisp@iea-software.com
Sent: Saturday, April 24, 1999 3:14 AM
Subject: [NTISP] Realtime smart NT backup

I'm looking for a software product that will do the following.

I have one main server (mission critical) and a backup server (backup).

In realtime, the backup server has all the mission critical information...
it
continually mirrors the information from the main server... both server's
information are identical. If the main server goes down, the backup server
will realize that this has happened... and it will take over the
responsibilities
of the main server. The end user is completely unaware that this has
happened. Therefore, I will be able to work on the main server at my
convenience, bring it back up, and then the main server will begin
performing all the work again... of course, it would update itself with all
the new information... depending on what has changed on the backup.

Is there currently a product on the market that will do this? If so, can
you
recommend it? ...perhaps a URL? ...any experiences with this?

Thanks in advance...

--Nolan