RE: [NTISP] Imail vs post-office

Joseph J. Tokar ( (no email) )
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 12:42:54 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01BE6EE1.596D8800

You know, when we started our ISP we where using post.office, for all of 1
week. At that time we were already having problems, I switched to
Rockliffes mailsite software, it installed in 15 minutes, interfaces
beautifully with emerald and the most problems I've had with it to date is
figuring out the SQL call to get emeralds database for my user e-mail list
(which btw mailsites tech support personnel figured out for me in about 5
minutes) Additionally, every one of my hosted domains has a web-based
management interface so they can manage their own mailboxes etc. Which
eliminates their need for a proxy like Mdaemon. Mailsites learning curve
for setting up domains, mailboxes, lists, and general configuration is less
then one day. Finally, and in my opinion, the most important selling point
for Mailsite, I have NEVER called Rockliffes tech support and not either
spoken to somebody immediately or had a phone call from them within 15
minutes. All of this, with unlimited users, for under $2000.00 why go with
anything else?

Joseph Tokar
Signature Internet Solutions
-----Original Message-----
From: ntisp-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:ntisp-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Dave P.
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 1999 3:02 PM
To: ntisp@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: [NTISP] Imail vs post-office

I've just recently come on board as a small ISP this past May. I'm using
PostOffice v3.1.2 and recently started
experiencing the same problems with customer's mail downloads stalling.
I contacted Software.com and they
assured me it was an MS problem and that MS was fixing it with ver 5.0.
One of my customer's said she had
just recently switched from a different ISP to me and never experienced
the stalling (she's still using MS Outlook Express).
when she was with her other ISP. Appears to be a PostOffice problem at
this point?
I had some of my customers switch to Netscape Communicator and problem
went away. MS problem?
What gives? Maybe both of them have a problem? Will upgrading to a
newer version of PO help?

From: Ronnie D. Franklin <ronnie@itexas.net>
To:=20 ntisp@iea-software.com=20 <ntisp@iea-software.com>
=Date:=20 Saturday, March 13, 1999 1:01 PM
Subject: RE: =[NTISP]=20 Imail vs post-office

Understand..

I have installed their "patch" for the ="."=20 problem.. but that does not solve my problem.. so I believe the =problem=20 is with Post.Office.. other proof is, that the same customer can =go to a=20 ISP that is NOT using Post.Office and get the exact same file =that he=20 could not get from me..

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01BE6EE1.596D8800--