Re: [NTISP] Anti-Virus

mwagers@teamhuber.com
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 09:33:12 -0600

Your problem with Inoculan is most likely not NT or application related, it's
more of a user administration problem. There are several settings with Inoculan
which should be turned off depending on the server function. Please read the
instruction manual for details. It is always easy to blame software, but that
isn't always the case. Things like, (paraphrased here) Monitor Incoming and
Outgoing files, Rename files that are infected, Generate a Detailed log file for
all activity, etc etc etc...

I've actually had more problems with NetShield than any other Virus Scan
product, even IBM's old one worked better in my opinion.

Please respond to ntisp@iea-software.com

To: ntisp@iea-software.com

cc: (bcc: Mitch Wagers/Teamhuber)

Subject: Re: [NTISP] Anti-Virus

Hi,

We are using NetShield (used to be a McAfee product, now it's Network
Associates). I have not noticed any performance degradation related to its
usage. I have heard reports about Inoculan working very badly in an NT server
environment.

Adam