RE: [NTISP] Imail vs post-office

Christian Schmit ( cschmit@vo.lu )
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 09:31:07 +0100

Hi,

We also run postoffice 3.5.3. All in one Postoffice is very stable.
We never had a problem. But what is really missing is IMAP4 support
which was promised a long time ago according to the PO FAQ that used to
be on their site. A web interface for customers would also be a good
thing but as they develop so slowly, we moved to dmailweb from
netwinsite.com to offer our customers a webmail interface to their
postoffice e-mail address. This works pretty well. So for me IMAP4
is the only important feature missing. It is not serious that a company
that claims to be the leader in Internet messaging does not support IMAP4
in their baseline product. But as someone said they seem to focus on
large ISP's.......

Another thing is that Postoffice is VERY expensive, even the upgrades
cost a hell lot of money!

Christian

see this url: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html