Re: [NTISP] Spam Filtering

Mike Kovacich ( (no email) )
Sat, 06 Mar 1999 15:45:03 -0500

This is funny because I have also ran into this from a corporate customers and
several ISP's who do not have reverse DNS. Some of our customers cannot receive
email from friends and relatives from another local ISP and one ISP has told his
customers that it is our problem. They even convinced a few of our customers to
leave our service because of it. That is how I found out about any email from
their mail system is blocked by ours. I disabled the feature for one day to show
our customers whose problem it really is. I basically told them to tell their
relatives to call the system administrator to call me so I can tell them what
they have to do. Just open up the manual for their email program :)

The co-oporate customer is looking to rectify their mail system but I have found
it very difficult to convince 3 ISP's that it is something in the set-up of
their email system. This particular ISP has been very uncooperative in the past
so I don't expect any phone call from them. Oh well, I tried.

Mike Kovacich
System Administrator
Inter-PC Internet Services