Re: [NTISP] bandwidth control

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 11:17:38 -0800

Richard Davey wrote:

> I honestly don't think there is anything out there.
>
> Bandwidth monitors are ten-a-penny, but actually controlling it? Forget it.
> I looked at Packeteer and it's a fantastic product, does everything you need
> but at around #27,000 (UKP) it's far too expensive for our needs.

I've heard rumors that the new Catalyst 1900 switches from Cisco
include bandwidth shaping. We have the older modles so I haven't
been able to confirm this. It might be an ideal solution if the
rumor is true to bandwidth monitoring and shaping.

For more information about this list, including removal,see this url: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html