RE: [NTISP] OT - SlurpNews

Brian Lube ( brian@mpinet.net )
Fri, 04 Dec 1998 12:22:09 -0500

The actual concept is number of simultaneous connections. Most outsourcing
is done this way because for the end company (like us) it's cheaper to buy
100 connections at $500/month than the upkeep costs of a news server. I'm
testing out Slurp right now and it looks rather good, real easy to add
class c's and local groups to. I have noticed that they have less articles
on average than Supernews, but they are complete.

Any other comments between Slurp and Supernews?

--bl

At 12:18 PM 12/4/98 -0500, you wrote:
>COuld you explain the concept to me? 10 connections... is that simultanious
>or does each authenticated user cost $7 ?

Brian Lube
System Administrator
MPInet