Re: [NTISP] DNS & Service Pack 4

Brian Lube ( brian@mpinet.net )
Fri, 04 Dec 1998 08:30:21 -0500

I do not believe that DCOM is really relating to your DNS locking up, but
it could be another problem for you. DCOM is your distributed information
service (usually used by IIS). If this is not logging in correctly you
might want to go to Microsoft's site and look at the fix they have posted
(search for DCOM). It's a bit risky since what it requires you to do is go
into the registry and make DCOM load as administrator. Did you change your
logon password for this machine at a similar time?

--bl

At 11:28 AM 12/4/98 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi Everyone,
>
>Concerning my problem yesterday, well Nethopper1 is a DNS & Web server ,
>I installed Service Pack 4 today, and it freezed my DNS server, I had to
>uninstall it then all went fine.
>
>Is there anything I should do after installing Service Pack 4 so as not to
>have my DNS freeze?
>
>Best Regards
>
>My NT System Log File is being loaded by an error message:
>
>=====Begin ERROR MSG.=====
>DCOM got error "Logon failure: unknown username or bad password."
>and was unable to logon NETHOPPER1\Administrator in order to run the
>server: {CBD759F3-76AA-11CF-BE-3A-00AA00A2FA25}
>=====End ERROR MSG.=====
>
>This message has Event ID: 10004 and it never stops...
>
>Thanks a lot in advance for you help
>
>Best Regards
>
>-------------------------------------
>NAJI Y CHAKHTOURA
>Web Administrator
>IncoNet sal http://www.inco.com.lb
>Phone: 961-1-582 000 ext: 386
>Fax : 961-1-563 286
>-------------------------------------
>
>==========================
>NAJI Y CHAKHTOURA
>WEB ADMINISTRATOR
>Network Operation Center
>Inconet sal http://www.inco.com.lb
>Tel-Work : 961-1-582000 ext. 386
>Fax-Work: 961-1-563286
>Mobile : 961-3-884825
>
>For more information about this list, including removal,
>see this url: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html

Brian Lube
System Administrator
MPInet