Re: [RadiusNT] RE: What about writing CalllerID, AcctSessionID to

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 15:08:50 -0700

Serkan SUBASI wrote:

> We do not want to do such an operation, because calls table getting big
> everyday (even we clear it once a month)
> and when we set a trigger on it, trigger will consume all SQL server
> resources (CPU), and makes a very high load.

The size of the calls table has no affect on the performance/speed of
the trigger.

> But I think there must be a structure like the one done on Calls (RadiusNT
> load all column info at startup)
> RadiusNT can load all columns on serverports table at startup, and then
> collects that data from the radius request,
> then updates serverports (not callsonline)

The CallsOnline IS the serverPorts Table. RadiusNT itself will not be
using the CallsOnline in the next major release (it will update the
ServerPorts table).

> Why not ?
> Is not that a good idea ?

This is a good idea for manual calls update, but for MSSQL, its
irrelevant, since RadiusNT doesn't handle updating the ServerPorts
or CallsOnline view if you are using a trigger.