RE: [RadiusNT] Radius values

Charlie Cocuzza ( (no email) )
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 08:56:28 -0400

Andrew,
We use concurrency control on a Bay 5000 system. It works as long as the
person doesn't try multiple logins within the time frame it takes for the
RAC to write the accounting entries.

I think one piece you are missing is updating the LoginLimit field in the
subaccounts table. We set that to the number of times we allow the client
to login. I works well.

Charlie Cocuzza
Omega Solutions/Picus Communications

-----Original Message-----
From: radiusnt-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:radiusnt-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Andrew Clarke
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 1999 9:05 PM
To: radiusnt@iea-software.com
Subject: [RadiusNT] Radius values

I am trying to get concurrency control working on my two Bay Networks
RAC8000 machines. It seems to work well with the Livingston PM-2E but not
with the other two.
Does anyone have any (simple) pointers on what is needed in the access
database or elsewhere to get this going.
The 'tick' is in 'concurrency control' in the Admin panel.
The logfile has the pointer 'checking for duplicate logins' but still
allows it to happen.
A snip from the authlog file is below.
203.63.149.9 is a BAY RAC8000 62 modem machine.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew Clarke

radrecv: Request from host cb3f9509 code=1, id=166, length=151

User-Name = "dere"
Password = "\312\240\353ev\015\2076jw\362+D\032q\256"
User-Service = Framed-User
Framed-Protocol = PPP
NAS-Identifier = 203.63.149.9
Framed-Address = 203.63.149.63
NAS-Port = 11
NAS-Port-Type = Async
Received unknown attribute 77, vendor 0
Received unknown attribute 50, vendor 1584
Received unknown attribute 51, vendor 1584
NAS-Port-DNIS = "94334444"
Received unknown attribute 80, vendor 0
rad_authenticate_ODBC()

SQL Statement: Select DateDiff('n', Now, DateAdd('d', ma.Extension+1,
maExpireDate)), DateDiff('n', Now, DateAdd('d', ma.Extension+1,
maExpireDate)), sa.AccountID, sa.AccountType, sa.Password, sa.Login,
sa.Shell From MasterAccounts ma, SubAccounts sa Where sa.Login='dere' AND
ma.CustomerID=sa.CustomerID and sa.Active<>0 and ma.Active<>0

Checking for duplicate logins.

SQL Statement: Select Count(Username) From ServerPorts Where
Username='dere' and AcctStatusType=1

dere found on-line 0 time(s).

SQL Statement: Select ra.RadAttributeID, Name, Data, Value, Type,
rc.RadVendorID, rc.RadVendorType, rc.RadCheck From RadConfigs rc,
RadAttributes ra Where ra.RadAttributeID=rc.RadAttributeID AND
rc.AccountID=102

SQL Statement: Select ra.RadAttributeID, Name, Data, Value, Type,
rc.RadVendorID, rc.RadVendorType, rc.RadCheck From RadATConfigs rc,
RadAttributes ra Where ra.RadAttributeID=rc.RadAttributeID AND
rc.AccountType='PPP'

Sending Ack of id 166 to cb3f9509 (ts2)

Framed-Protocol = PPP
User-Service = Framed-User
Session-Timeout = 10800
Resp Time: 50 Auth: 70/2 -> 72 Acct: 133/0/0 -> 133