Re: [RadiusNT] 3Com acces control server access table

James B. Hrdy ( (no email) )
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 08:35:45 -0500

Check to be sure that the accounting packets are being sent to the radius server. I just had a
similar expericene with a RadiusNT user, they had a shiva lan rover that was authenticating
properly, but we could not see any of the users online via the whos online query/table. I went
into the NAS and found that the accounting was not turned on. Once I turned the accounting on
for a bit, cleared the servers ports table and then updated it from the calls table, we were able to
see users coming online.

> Dear Dale,
>
> I already updated the serverports with the correct ports related to 3com
> total control but the problem is that radiusnt is not updating the
> serverports properly(not sending the username). if you want I can send you
> the serverports and calls records related to the 3com total control (as an
> attach).
>
> this is urgent cause the concurrency control is not working on the 3com.
> please help ps: I'm using the USR (MP16/V34) total control and
> livingston and cisco 3600 with no problem.
>
> thanks
> Dale E. Reed Jr. wrote:
>
> > Abdo Kmeid wrote:
> > >
> > > Dear All,
> > >
> > > I'm facing a problem using the 3com total control (HiperArc cards) ,
> > > Users can authenticate properly but the serverports table and the
> > > calls table are not being updated properly. any suggestions are
> > > appreciated please find hereafter some details logs as you can see the
> > > only port that works fine is port # 1 in the serverports table and the
> > > calls table. please help.
> >
> > You must populate the ServerPorts table with the ports list for that
> > NAS. RadiusNT does NOT create those (it only updates them if they are
> > there). Try running this script and see if it helps:
> >
> > ftp://ftp.iea-software.com/RadiusNT/MSSQL/updtports.sql
> >
> > --
> >
> > Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT
> > IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com
> >
> > For more information about this list (including removal) go to:
> > http://www.iea-software.com/support/maillists/liststart

James B. Hrdy web: http://www.ispbillingsoftware.com
email: jhrdy@greensoft.com
Voice: 785.843.8683 ext 204
"The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax."
Albert Einstein