Re: [RadiusNT] Concurrency problems

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 19:02:24 -0400

From: Sam Lowe <slowe@universalcom.net>
> All of a sudden our concurrency checking quit (almost) last Friday. We
> noticed it was getting sporadic over the previous few days, but put it off
> as a problem not getting stop records from a particular NAS. Thinking it
> was possibly and indexing problem, I created a new empty calls table,
> stopped the database and renamed the tables and cranked it back up. Even
> with just a few records we were not getting the the stop records posted
> promptly (I think). I get only ODBC timeout errors when I write an access
> query, so I'm going to go back in with ISqlw to see if I can determine if
> were missing stop records.

Has the data segment of your database filled up? I ran into this problem a
week ago; it turns out that my Emerald database filled up. The Calls table
is growing incredibly quickly now because of the plethora of Stop records
being generated by the second ISDN channels going up and down constantly
from DBA.

Josh