Re: [RadiusNT] Roaming without realm

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 03 Sep 1999 09:37:37 -0700

> SALz wrote:
>
> Scenario:
>
> A single domain spread over three dialin stations.
>
> [Station 1 (DB1)] [Station 2 (DB2)] [Station 3 (DB3)]
>
> A user tries to login at Station 1.
> If the database DB1 is able to authenticate, the user gets connected.
> If the database DB1 is unable to authenticate, the auth request is
> directed to Station 2 (DB2). If this DB2 fails to authenticate, then
> the request is at last sent to DB3. In case of failure from DB3 .. the
> user gets disconnected.
>
> I have heard the implementation of above scenario thru' other Radius
> implementations. It is required to keep this roaming authentication
> transparent to the user - whether he dials from Station 1 or 2 or 3.
> i.e. user is not giving a specific domain name suffix to his username
> at logon.
>

> Plz help me construct the scenario using RadiusNT.

RadiusNT supports "UNKNOWN" proxy. That tells RadiusNT to proxy the
authentication request to the "DEFAULT" RadRoamDomain if RadiusNT
can not find the user locally. The DEFAULT for an unknown domain is
covered in the RadiusNT documentation. Just make sure you enable
the Auth/Unknown option in the RadiusNT Admin.