Re: [RadiusNT] Dr. Watson errors

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 10:16:11 -0700

Stephen Johnson wrote:

> So, with radcheck running how does that affect getting the output of debug?

define and authentication and accounting logfile in the RadiusNT admin,
and enable the four debug modes. RadiusNT will write the debug to those
files while running as a service.

> Can radcheck and debug mode run at the same time even? It seems radcheck
> restarts the RadiusNT service, even though RadiusNT is already running in
> debug mode.

No. If you want to run RadiusNT in debug mode, you have to stop
Radcheck,
then RadiusNT, then you can start a foreground copy.

> Is it possible to check RadiusNT authentication is working by checking the
> computer at radiusnt's port 1645 (I'm using IMail Monitor)?

This depends on the monitor. Most cannot, since RADIUS uses udp, not
TCP.