Re: [RadiusNT] Dr. Watson errors

Peter D. Mayer ( (no email) )
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 11:40:12 -0400

The first thing to do would be to run "radius -x15" mode until it crashes again.
(make sure you increase the scrollback buffer of your DOS window to at least 200
lines). The last operation performed is usually the one causing the crash.
Copy and paste the last few auth/acct records and send them to the list.

Peter D. Mayer
NetWalk System Administrator
dmayer@netwalk.com

----- Original Message -----
From: Graeme Slogrove <Graeme@na.co.za>
To: <radiusnt@iea-software.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 1999 11:21 AM
Subject: RE: [RadiusNT] Dr. Watson errors

We get this error fairly often.

I would have hoped that Radius was more stable :(

Regards,
Graeme

---Graeme Slogrove, BSc (Eng) Elec (Wits)Director, Systems Development & Value Added ServicesNetActive InternetTel: 011-719-0333    Fax: 011-719-0444Support: 011-719-0300

-----Original Message-----From: Stephen Johnson [mailto:srjohnson@integrityonline19.com]Sent: 18 August 1999 05:09To: IEA SoftwareSubject: [RadiusNT] Dr. Watson errors

I have Win NT 4.0 SP3, RadiusNT 2.5.162.I've gotten a couple of Dr. Watson errors this past week. They have an Eventnumber of 4097. This are the error messages, basically the same except forthe address:

The application, , generated an application error The error occurred on8/17/1999 @ 20:29:30.797 The exception generated was c0000005 at address00434161 (<nosymbols>)

The application, , generated an application error The error occurred on8/12/1999 @ 21: 6: 5.367 The exception generated was c0000005 at address00431cc0 (<nosymbols>)

When I first looked at the screen it had the Dr. Watson error there sayingRadiusNT caused the error. I'm not sure why the Event Log doesn't show it. Ididn't have time to note the specifics of the error in the window to see ifit has the other info the same as the log. I was just trying to get mycustomers authenticating again.After I cleared the error message, I checked in services. RadiusNT wasstopped. It seemed I had to start the service, stop it and then restart itfor it to work.

Any pointers as to what the problem is here? Would you need the whole errordump from the Dr Watson message to understand what is happening?

Stephen

---

Stephen JohnsonNetwork Manager<mailto:srjohnson@integrityonline19.com>

Integrity Online Brazos Valley1716 Briarcrest Dr., Suite 125Bryan, TX 77802409-260-7873409-260-3107 (Fax)