Re: [RadiusNT] Can't get 3com VSA IES_NEXT_HOP_GATEWAY to work

Kelly Peterson ( netadmin@compusmart.ab.ca )
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 08:59:21 -0600

At 03:22 PM 8/17/99 -0700, you wrote:

>> >You can't do this. The Attribute ID is NOT 26872, its 26. Inside
>> >attributes 26 is the VendorID (429 in this case) and the VendorType
>> >(36872 in this case). However, RadiusNT only supports VSA in ODBC mode,
>> >which doesn't use the Dictionarty file at all. You would need to add
>> >this to the RadAttributes table.
>>
>> Does this also require us to stop using the users file and enter accounts
>> into the ODBC database?
>
>No. You can run RadiusNT in both mode and let it auth from both of
>them.

If we want a user to use the IES-Next-Hop-Gateway can that use be added to
the users file. Would the entry below work?

xstoptest Password="test",
User-Service-Type=Framed-User,
Framed-Protocol=PPP,
Framed-Address=255.255.255.254,