Re: [RadiusNT] Is radiusnt support MD5 Encryption

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 09:18:36 -0700

"S.Tumurbaatar" wrote:

> Is Unix crypt method used in RadiusNt password encryption,
> the crypt(3) function? I dont know exactly what it is, but
> after searching internet I learned that Unix has different
> functions like crypt(1), crypt(2) and etc. And crypt(3)
> takes 2 param-s as password and salt. Am I on right way?

I am not an expert in this areas, but I believe its crypt(3).
It is the password/salt version. I've tested passwd/shadow files
from linux (redhat), unixware, and solaris all working fine
with RadiusNT.