Re: [RadiusNT] Is radiusnt support MD5 Encryption

Salman Karim ( (no email) )
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 16:17:42 PDT

How to check it ( Unix encryption)?

From: "S.Tumurbaatar" <tumur@datacom.mn>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 15:28:45 +0800

>Below is part from RadiusNt25 doc. Also can you give me note after your test
what method of encryption is used?

7. Command Line and Registry Settings

RadiusNT can take a variety of command line options. Typically you will
only use these if you are trying to debug a problem or test a configuration.
All
command line options can also be specified in the registry as permanent
options.

Warning: Changing values in the registry for Windows NT can cause the system
to become unstable or stop working. Always use caution when manually
changing
registry entries.

When radius.exe -install is used to install RadiusNT as a service, it will
create the
KEY: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\IEA\RadiusNT
To add parameters to RadiusNT via the registry, you need to add the values
below
to the RadiusNT key. Command line options will override registry defaults.
For
example to set the default MODE for RadiusNT, you would add the value named:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\IEA\RadiusNT\Mode
as 1 for ODBC, or 2 for BOTH. 0 is the default of text mode.
RadiusNT only reads the registry values at startup. If you change a value,
you
must re-start RadiusNT in order for the change to take affect.

Following is a list of all Command Line Options and Registry values, with
descriptions, currently supported by RadiusNT.
Command Line Registry Description

-E EncryptPasswords RadiusNT will use the UNIX
crypt
one-way encryption
to check the
passwords in either