Re: [RadiusNT] Problems with CALLS table

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 11:39:55 -0700

John Lange wrote:

> HI
>
> MSSQL 6.5 sp5a
> RadiusNT 2.5.161 - I have had this problem for years so I don't think it is
> version specific.
>
> I have a problem with my RadiusNT SQL Calls table, looks like I have about
> 50 thousand corrupt records in the middle of the "calls" table. Any one
> else using RadiusNT having these problems? Is this a problem with the way
> RadiusNT writes to the db, or is it a problem with M$?

Its a corruption problem in your DB. I don't think its RadiusNT
specific, as I've seen it with other apps as well.

> This problem also prevents me from deleting start records so my db is
> growing by leaps and bounds.
>
> Did a: DBCC checktable (calls)
> and get thousands of lines like these
> Table Corrupt: Keys in data page should be in ascending order; check page
> number 149261
> Table Corrupt: Keys in data page should be in ascending order; check page
> number 197751
>
> I would like to be able to just delete a range of records and keep the
> rest. Is there a way to do this?
>
> If not, and I know this is the easy way out, but at last resort, how do I
> re-name this table and create a new one.

What I would do is Create a Calls2 table (use the Inttabs.sql to grab
the Calls table create statement) and then use a:

Insert Into Calls2
Select * From Calls

Then drop your Calls table and rename calls2 to calls. You will also
need
to re-run the insttrig.sql script and reset perms on the calls table.