Re: [RadiusNT] Migrating from Access to SQL Server

Jean-Francois Laplante ( (no email) )
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 09:02:00 -0400

At 02:43 PM 1999-08-10 +0800, you wrote:

>I am planning to migrate my RadiusNT tables to SQL Server 6.5 .
>
>I've seen the radiusnt.sql used to create the tables in SQL Server. But are
>there any available scripts to transfer the current contents of my Access
>tables to the SQL Server based tables ?

One of the way to do it would be to use the Microsoft Upsizing=20
Wizard. That's what I did and it worked fine.

Here's the URL

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q176/6/14.asp

I suggest you make a few dry runs before and test your radius deamon=20
against a succesfully upsized copy to make sure that the authentification=20
works. The size of my operation doesn't justify the purchase of the "real"=
=20
RadiusNT so I keep using the "free 1.16.60" version. This version is very=
=20
"simple" and the transfert was a snap. The newer versions have many more=20
features and I cannot comment about the "sensibility" of the software to=20
such an upgrade. My Y2K tests with the old version worked but I must admit=
=20
that I'm a little bit worried.

Good luck.

JF.

INTERNET - BBSI Inc. + 141 Regnault
Jean-Francois Laplante + Sept-Iles (Qu=E9bec)
jeff@bbsi.net + G4R 4M4
+ Canada

http://www.bbsi.net + 418-968-4433 voix/voice
+ 418-968-5634 fax
Internet Service Provider + Fournisseur de Service Internet