Re: [RadiusNT] Funky Cisco 5300 Port Attributes

Matt Nelson ( n5tkn@nccinternet.com )
Mon, 09 Aug 1999 12:36:55 -0500

Okay, once more. The NAS-Port ID's are what I am trying to get the Server
Ports table populated with. A Cisco 5200 (Which is the closest thing in
the predetermined list to a 5300.) ports with 48 ports, 1-49. It knows to
look for that NAS-Port ID to come from the NAS in the form of 1-49, which
is Async dial-in connections. But, ISDN connections NAS-Port IDs come in
in the form of 20001 to 20003 (so far). What I am needing to know is what
numbers will ISDN connects send to RadiusNT. Or do I have to wait until the
ISDN calls come in and then run the updtprts.sql query in order to get them
into the Server Ports table in Emerald Admin -> RadiusNT? This is what I
was having to do for even async dial-ins, until someone told me to remove
the "radius-server attribute nas-port format b" which returned the async
connection the Cisco was sending to RadiusNT back to the plain 1-49 numbers
instead of 1354963903 (something like that.) So I am looking for either a
list of possible NAS-Port IDs that the 5300 will send for ISDN, VPN, etc.
connections to RadiusNT, if that is possible. Either by hand entering them
into the Server Ports table by hand, or running an SQL query. I really
don't know how to make it much simpler than that. :-) <VBG>

Thanks much!

Matt Nelson N5TKN
admin@nccinternet.com
NCC Internet

At 09:40 AM 8/9/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>Matt Nelson wrote:
> >
> > No I don't have Server Access enabled. I didn't mean to imply that the user
> > couldn't log on. They can. It's just that things such as an expired
> > account will continue to work if they hit a port that is not in the
> > database. I figured this out from noticing a test account I had would
> > disconnect after about 2 minutes sometimes, and other times not disconnect
> > until you told it to (from the client machine). The thing was the test
>
>I still don't follow. As I mentioned earlier the lack of the entry
>in the ServerPorts table will NOT cause this. What was the disconnect
>cause (if it reports it in the Stop record) on the calls? That
>just sounds like either line problems, noisy modems, or something
>in that area.
>
> > account had expired in Emerald, and after the user was logged in for about
> > 2 minutes, it would disconnect. (Which brings up another small point, I
> > thought if the user was expired, Emerald/RadiusNT would send an immediate
> > reject, not even allowing the user in.) This only happened if the user
>
>It will.
>
> > happended to connect to a port RadiusNT knew about of course.). Now that I
> > seem to have gotten the Async connects resolved, it's the ISDN connects
> > that I have left to get working correctly. Does that make it a little
> > clearer? :-)
>
>Nope. I'm guessing there is another reason for this, as the things
>you are describing are not behaviors of RadiusNT. :(
>

>--
>
>Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT
>IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com

Matt Nelson
Manager
NCC Internet / Northeast Arkansas Net.Works - NEARNet
A service of Nelson Computer Consultants & Internet Services
2602 East Matthews Ave.
Jonesboro, AR 72401
<mailto:admin@nccinternet.com>admin<mailto:admin@nccinternet.com>@nccinterne
t.com