Re: [RadiusNT] Default gateways

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 05 Aug 1999 09:40:30 -0700

Christian Lawrence wrote:

> Some Radius servers will allow you to
> configure the gateway router on a per user basis. This means that User A
> will
> be given the "correct" default gateway and User B will be
> assigned a special path as the default gateway. Any suggestions on how
> Radius NT can do this?

This is usually handled by just adding an additional attribute for
that user (or the Service Type Default). I know USR uses a VSA
of Next-Hop-Gateway to determine that, and I believe Ascend also
has one. You'll have to consult your NAS documentation to see whether
it allows you to specify a gateway per user.

As a side note, remember that just because a RADIUS server might have
an option to specify that, doesn't mean that it will actually work for
you (your NAS might not support it).