Re: [RadiusNT] ISDN HACK

Brian Lube ( brian@mpinet.net )
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:25:10 -0400

I just attempted to replicate this with my USR/3com TC equipment and was
not successful.

I'd like to test it out, just so everyone can know if the problem is
RadiusNT or the NAS in question (this is personal piece of mind here btw).

Can we get some more information on the problem -

NAS being used (Ascend/3com/Lucent/?)
Code Rev
Details of the 'hack'

Thanks!

--bl

At 08:37 AM 7/21/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I've got a customer who has an ISDN modem but only a single login account.
>He has somehow found a way to cause the ISDN modem to dial in on the second
>line and he sits there holding the return key down forcing a rapid
>succession of login attempts. In Radius with debug mode turned on we can see
>the screen scrolling at an incredible rate.
>
>What happens is after 10-20 seconds of this, he manages to get logged in
>with the second line.
>
>Now it seems to me this is a bug in Radius that's allowing this to happen.
>What I need is some way to stop it or a fix. Anyone got any ideas? If word
>of this gets out, we are all going to have a bunch of people trying it.
>
>Geo.

Brian Lube
System Administrator
MPInet